Wednesday, December 15, 2010

What a Day!

I sold my books back this week. I was going to save the money, spend the money on frivolous things, maybe get the pooch washed. I really debated, walked (more like limped) around with all this money in my pocket. So today, I took the boys' "violent" video games and decided to trade them in. They weren't really too violent, but violent enough that it wasn't helping Dimples' disorders. Anyway, I was able to trade one of the games in for two motion controllers. I then traded the "untradable" game for another game. So far, no money spent. I had to take the kiddos to the dentist and there is a Game Stop right near the dentist office. Game Stop is having a sale that if you buy one Dance game, you get the $20 off the second Dance game. I ended up spending less than the price of one book on Just Dance 2, Dance Broadway, and Wii Sports Resort. I bought Wii Sports Resort used, and the other two games new. Dance Broadway ended up being 9.99 after the discount. How FUN is that!

We started playing Just Dance 2 right when we got home and that was a blast! It hurt a little because my legs are still sore from Monday's squats and I redid squats again today. We had a blast, even though Dimples had a major meltdown outside of Game Stop because he couldn't get a game HE wanted. You wanna know which game it was? Any other game we didn't get today. I mean really, we got FOUR games! ZIP IT KID!

Now the rest is going towards bills. Aunt Flo is here, so I am up a little on the scale, but total since Friday's low, I am only up .6. I was also pretty happy to see that this year is the first year only ONE person weighs less than me on the final weigh in on Biggest Loser! I won't tell you which person as I don't want to ruin it for anyone but it does not rhyme with balizabith. That, to me, is HUGE progress! I am really happy that I have come as far as I have and I am not going to blow it this winter. This is the first time in 9 years that I have really kicked it over the winter.

I was only able to do 25 squats today, total, and I am okay with that. It hurt really bad, too. I didn't do any other exercise except the 20 minutes on Just Dance 2 and the 20 minutes on Broadway Dance 2. I guess that is a lot! I also walked around town today because it was easier than getting in and out of my car. How pathetic is that!?!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! I'm huge on getting a good deal. We got Dance 2 the other day and it's SOOOO much fun!!! I saw the broadway one but wasn't sure if I'd like it or not. Let me know what you think on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Broadway is fun, but the graphics are as good as Just Dance 2. I'm glad I only spent $9. For $9 it is AWESOME! For $29, not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you can go trade it for something else you like better at Gamerz and get more value out of it that way.

    I really like JD2 as well. I haven't explored all of the ins and outs of it, but it beats going out in the cold weather to the gym!

    ReplyDelete