Friday, December 17, 2010

Stinkin' Mercury

Why does everything always have to be so kaddywonk when Mercury is in retrograde? GRR! I do love seeing people I haven't seen for a long time, but at the same time, I don't like falling, wandering around Wal-Mart for 2 hours waiting for script, and my kid navigating away from my blog entry.

The day started innocently enough. I did my squats, and went to Wal-Mart with Hubby. Someone had given the kids some money to get something they would not otherwise be able to get so we picked up a new WiiMote for the kids. While we were there, Hubby saw a neighbor from his childhood and we all chatted for a while. Then we went to a thrift store and got a bunch of stuff for Hubby, Kiddos and FIL. While at the thrift store, I saw some jeans for the kids that looked just like some jeans they used to have that were 4T that lasted through all three boys and now my nephew, bought at a garage sale in 2000 for $1. Anywonkie, I saw the jeans and I somehow missed the big step down into the children's section of the store that was painted bright caution yellow. I twisted my left ankle and banged the inside of my right knee. I refused to move from that spot until Hubby came out of the fitting room because I was NOT gonna let someone else get those jeans! I got them! WOOT!

Then we stopped at my BIL's house to give him an adorable little Cubs bib that we picked up for the baby due in March. THEN we picked up Dimples at school to take him to the doctor. It took about 20 minutes longer than I originally thought it would to get there. I had a long discussion with the doc about Dimples' issues over the last few years, then brought Dimples into the room. We are medicating him :(. It is necessary, though. We have gone the natural route for over three years with a phone call from the school at least three times a week for the last two years.

So we go back to Wal-Mart to get the prescription filled. We didn't need to buy anything as we had already been to Wal-Mart once. In spite of that, we bought some vitamins and some food to eat while we waited for the script to get done. We ate, and Hubby and Dimples decided to go get Hubby's paycheck and get it deposited before the bank closed. I waited for an hour and forty minutes before I went back and asked if the script was ready YET! They said, "Oh, we don't have the correct birthday, you need to go back to that counter over there before we can fill the script." If I had just been impatient, I would have been out of there so much sooner, but no, I have to exhibit the fruit of the Spirit!

Now we have been home for a while, now. I beat hubby in Just Dance 2 "Proud Mary"! Mr. Athletic couldn't believe how much better I did than he did. After this day, I am ready for sleep and the weekend!

My knee hurts!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about your knee. Good thing you did your squats first. now I hope it heals quickly so you can squat again on Monday.

    I love that you're beating JJ on that game and I would love to watch. lol

    I know you didn't want to resort to pharmaceutical intervention for the middle one (middle one) but I really do think you've exhausted all other options and you know I would've probably had him locked away months ago. Ok, years. I just do not have the patience that you do. Screw fruit of the spirit! whatev!

    I'm going to have to try "Proud Mary" tomorrow. Sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rest well! And watch out for Uranus in retrograde.
    That's when the sh*t really starts!
    heehee

    ReplyDelete