Sunday, December 19, 2010

It's Been One Year

Of being vegan. On December 19, 2010, I decided it was time to stop eating things that made me sick, or my throat close up, or whatever. I have cheated a little here and there, but overall, I have purposefully been vegan and feel a lot better! When I started this new eating plan, I weighted 195 lbs. Today, 160.9. One year ago today, I did as little exercise as possible. Today, I yearn for a walk, a workout, or even a run. A year ago, I was taking 4-8 ibuprofen a day. Today, sometimes 2 in one day, most days, none. A year ago, I was taking 12 mg of melatonin and two Benedryl a night to fall asleep. Today, 3 mg melatonin, one Benedryl. One year ago, I was on 40 mg of Celexa, today 20mg. One year ago, I took no vitamins. Today, I take B12, vitamin D, Iron, and a mulitvitamin. One year ago, I was anemic. Today, blood levels are normal.

34.1 lbs in a year might not be fast enough for some people, but for me, it is the way I did it. I feel great, I'm beginning to look great, and I am a good example to my kiddos.

2 comments:

  1. Now if we could just work on your mental issues, we'll all be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great year. Congrats on all the changes you have made.

    ReplyDelete