Thursday, September 2, 2010

4 Miles!

I ended up walking four miles, but secretly hoping that I wouldn't have to walk any. I took the stairs at school, which is really hard for me! I also got a bagel for dinner instead of fried veggies which worked out fine.

I was talking with my neighbor when we were walking and she said, "I heard it takes 30 days to form a habit and only 3 to break it." I thought about that for a minute and said, "Well really, isn't it saying that it takes 30 days to implement a good habit, and 3 days to implement a bad one."

I am really thinking on that theory though. Isn't every habit we have a choice? So I am making the choice to not let bad habits replace good ones. It makes perfect sense as I ponder this thought. I think back to the times I have gone off of my eating plan (vegan). It seems it takes one bad choice one day to throw me off for days. Well, NO MORE! I'm on it!

2 comments:

  1. Incredible!
    That'as an interesting way to look at it and it makes me wonder why we are so darn stubborn and why it's so difficult to get us to implement the good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a to the MEN on the choices.
    for me its a daily thing.
    a moment to moment thing and a recognizing that even when I make a choice that...Id not planned or I am less than THRILLED ABOUT there's another choice-chance mere moments away.

    MizFit

    ReplyDelete