Thursday, January 6, 2011

You Learn Sumpin New Every Day!

My baby, who is 7 almost 8 didn't start talking until he was 4 1/2. He has a neurological condition called childhood apraxia of speech, or verbal apraxia or whatever it is called now. I have talked to other parents of children with this condition. I always ask, "How is their digestion? Do they have bowel issues?" Mostly because Brown Eyes was severely and perpetually constipated from birth. We tried a number of supplements to improve his motor planning and what not. What ultimately helped Brown Eyes was eliminating milk. That was the key to getting his digestion regulated. *I am not saying this will work for everyone, but this is what worked for my child* Anyway, in July of 2007, he went from having 3-6 words to having over 25 in a week, over 150 when school started in September, and over 600 by January of 2008. He still needs extensive speech therapy on a regular basis. He still takes many supplements. But he talks. All. The. Time.

One of his famous quotes is, "I smell sumpin! Mmm! I smell sumpin good!" So, I learned sumpin today. I was playing on Walk It Out. I have almost all of the island built. Before today, I had only 420 buildings left to get, 20 songs, 7 constellations, and many time capsules. I learned that if I go to different times on the clock, I can unlock items that I can't unlock during the times I am on. There were 14 songs to get at 1:00 am. Anyway, I have only one song to get now! That's all. I have nothing else to share about Walk It Out.

I had kale for lunch and for dinner. I think that mighty green yummy goodness is working its magic! We shall see on the scale tomorrow! I have also done much better on drinking more water and MUCH less soda. I was up to 4 or more sodas a day again and now I am back down to one.

Hubby is working tonight and I am going to get these kiddos to bed early! I am wiped out!

7 comments:

  1. 1 AM? You're a better woman than I. Or maybe just a better middle-of-the-night walker than I. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't walk at 1:00 am, I set the magical clock to 1:00 am!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learn sumpin new on Blogger every single day and I love it. It's amazing what different foods can do to different people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have to use a DDR mat for that game?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Talking all the time sounds like a heavenly thing to enjoy.

    Good idea reducing the soda.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Didn't I tell you that differnt fing are afailabuhl differnt times on the Magical clock? You'd learn a lotta sumpins if you'd listen to me! :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. I learn sumpin too!
    I think we all think alike!
    And guess what - I had speech lessons when I was young.
    And now I never ever shut up.

    ReplyDelete