Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Blew It For Lunch...

But I'm not gonna let that stop me! I went to the grocery store this morning and bought about $150 worth of produce. Holy Fruits and Vegetables Batman! I got some exotic stuff as well. I made a mini goal a couple of months ago to try something new every week, and I have! But now that I have mentioned this goal out loud, I am sure I will now fail! Thanks so much for badgering me until I told you! YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

Anyway, I had my niece and nephew this morning and HAD to go to the grocery. We were out of EVERYTHING and I wouldn't have a chance to get to the store until Thursday if I didn't go this morning. I let them pick out all kinds of crazy fruits and vegetables. We got some prickly pears, celery root, star fruit, kiwano, peppers, Comice (for Melanie), pomegranates, turnips, kiwi fruit, black grapes, eggplant, graffiti eggplant, mushrooms and a mango.

So how did I blow it? Well, we stopped and had our bread stick special at our local eatery. You get 8 bread sticks and a drink for 1.99. I ate ALL of my breadsticks and half of my garlic "sauce." Back on track now!

3 comments:

  1. you could've shared an order of breadsticks, ya know!

    Enjoy your goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous of your shopping cart. In mine I have a case of motor oil and three rolls of duct tape; wanna trade?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you offering to change my oil Patrick? Because if so, that would be a YES!

    ReplyDelete