Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Woot! On My Way Down

I weighed in this morning at 160.6. I am very happy about that as I have been farting around between 159,4 and 163.4. I am making sure I am getting plenty of fruits and vegetables, I have decided not to have any pasta for at least a week, and I have been trying to move for at least 30 minutes a day.

All school has been canceled, mine and the kids'.

Oh! I forgot to tell you! Last week, I started noticing my right knee was swelling. Let me tell you about my right knee. In 1987, I had surgery to remove a benign tumor from the posterior of my patella. They drilled a hole through the top of my patella, scraped out the tumor, and replaced it with bone from my hip. I was almost 15 at the time this took place. The physical therapist told me to continue the exercises for a while. To a young teen, a while means a couple of weeks, not six months to a year. Well, the muscles in my right leg atrophied terribly and I had issues of dislocation for years! After Yankee was born, I had joined Curves. Immediately, my right knee swelled up a ton and made it difficult to wear my knit pants that made me look so hot! This was 1999-2000. The doctor drained the fluid off of my knee (I still hate him for it). The next day, it was just as swollen. He also had given me a cortisone shot, which I will never have again. I went on Vioxx, which has since been taken off the market. I was also told to not do squats as that was aggravating my knee.

So anyway, last week, my knee started getting swollen. This has not occurred since 2000. I had stopped the squat challenge around the time of my arm injury because it was too difficult to put my arm the way it needed to be. So the swelling wasn't from that. My knee didn't hurt, it just felt tight, prolly because of the swelling. I was mentioning this to Lanie and she asked, "Have you been getting your omega 3s?" Since I don't do animals, I get my omega 3s from walnuts, and we had been out for about a week! So I went to the store, got some walnuts, have been having between 1/4 and 1/2 a cup a day, and the swelling is gone!

Word to the walnuts!

7 comments:

  1. way to go with the loss - I finally broke through the 180s this mornign and landed on 179.8!! I am hopping to not see the 180s ever again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting association! Glad the swelling is gone!

    Polar's Mom
    www.polarspage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried Glucosomine? Its a wonder drug. Perfect for joints.

    Thanks for your comment on my blog about celiac. I did take him off milk for a short period of time but figured because the pain didn't worsen when he had milk and didn't get better when he was off. I wonder if it could be a cumulative thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your knee is better - sounds like you are doing fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woot on the loss. I love walnuts - so good and so good for you. Glad you knee is getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are doing better, too!
    Interesting times we live in, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Walnuts -- Who knew?! Cool find.
    Way to go on the loss!

    ReplyDelete