Wednesday, February 2, 2011

One Tired Girl!

It stopped snowing around 10:00, so I got on all my snow gear to go and play in the snow. Well, play is a bit of a stretch, I shoveled. For more than 45 minutes. Then I warmed up some soup and had lunch. Hubby and I got in a doozie of an argument, then decided to go to the in-laws to do some snowshoeing. Now I have not worn the snowshoes since 2000 shortly after we bought them. The shoes have a weight limit of 175. I weighed 170 when I got them, then got pregnant with Dimples. There was just a short time that I was under the 175 weight limit, and I don't think it was in the winter.

So 2011 it is! Also, the last time I wore the snowshoes, we were walking on snowshoe trails that had been driven on by vehicles to pack the snow a little. We went down in the bog and then to a creek that wasn't quite frozen, more like a slush. Then we were in some drifts that were as deep as two feet! We went up banks, down banks and across the pond. We only went about 3/4 of a mile, but it felt like 2 or 3! I was sweating so bad and my heart was really pumping! MIL's camera battery was dead so she couldn't get any pics of us in our gear.

2 comments:

  1. too bad bout ma's camera. I bet she was devastated! Be careful out there. looks like you're already delayed 2 hours tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow is a four letter word.
    But who is counting, have fun in the snow.
    Have a Great weekend!

    ReplyDelete