Saturday, June 25, 2011

What a Week!

Summer is busy! I feel like I have been going non-stop all week!

On Tuesday night, I hosted a girls' night sleep-over at my in-laws' for my niece, my fake niece and my husband's niece. We were having a great night of swimming when fake-niece yells to me, "Look at the sky!" I yelled back, "What guy?" She said, "The sky! Behind you! Up in the air!" I did pick up some eye rolling in her voice, but there was a scary storm coming from behind us (the southeast) when the storms usually come from the west. Well, all I can say is that I'm glad I've been running lately, because that superpower came in handy. I ran around to the other end of the pond to get the girls out and get them into the house just before the storm really started going. We ended up losing power for a couple of hours which gave us the opportunity to play Mad Libs, charades, and 20 questions.

I got the girls to sleep and I slept on the couch. Well, "slept" is too strong of a word. I had one nightmare that I was being sucked up by a tornado and woke myself up doing that moan scream that you do in your sleep. Apparently I woke up my mother-in-law who woke up my father-in-law and very little sleep was had by any of the adults after that. I also at Bis-kit sleeping with me and every time I moved, I disturbed her. Now in my exhausted stupor, I forgot who was the human and tried not to bother the poor cat anymore.

The girls got up bright and early Wednesday morning and I made them some awesome waffles that also happened to be gluten-free. The recipe was my mother-in-laws and I don't know that I can recreate it. Anyway, we then went back outside where the girls gathered eggs. They swam some more and then we went back inside for lunch. Then the girls went out to collect mulberries. Then parents came to pick up two of the girls. Fake niece went back out to the pond to show her parents how she can jump off the pole on the rope swing.

After the girls were gone, I grabbed my niece to take her to Yankee's baseball game. On Thursday, I cleaned my house as much as I could because my cousin was coming to visit and I wanted my house clean for her to see it for the first time. We never made it to my house. On Friday, we went to the hotel where my aunt and uncle were staying. They have an indoor pool there. We swam for about 5 hours with a lunch break in the middle and then took the whole clan over to my in-laws for a cookout. I also rode the elliptical and the recumbent bike while at the hotel. My niece and nephew were there, so there were 8 kiddos and 8 adults there at one point. We cooked brats on the grill, went for a hike in the woods, went fishing and roasted marshmallows. Yankee caught a bass over 20" long!

Oh yeah! On Thursday, I had my MRI. I will know the results early next week and will update when I have them. I am tired just going over my week! Time for another nap... (still under 160!)

No comments:

Post a Comment