Friday, June 17, 2011

New Friend!

I made a new friend this week. Her name is Molly, but she is known by her pen name M. L. Gardner. She wrote a book that I just loved. It is called Jonathan's Cross. It is historical fiction set in the aftermath of the stock market crash of 1929. I loved this book. Did I mention that I loved this book?

She has a sequel coming out sometime in the next few weeks. I have been dying to read it. So I friended her on Facebook and asked about it. We started chatting through Facebook. I told her about my schooling, my dream to be a famous writer, and a little about my blog. Then, get this, she asked me to preview her new book! Of course I said YES! How exciting is this???!!!???? So she emailed it to me, I downloaded onto my Kindle and will dive into it tonight.

I picked up my niece, Pumpkin, today. She is so stinkin' cute! We have already had so much fun, and I get to keep her for almost a month!

I did some working out yesterday at the Y. I walk/ran for 2.18 miles and rode the recumbent bike for 6.8 miles. My weight has leveled out under 160 (yay) and now I am working on getting below 150.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on getting the book review!!!

    I'm so jealous of you leveling under 160, I can't seem to get under 166 right now. Grrr!!!

    Roxie-Girl

    ReplyDelete