Friday, June 10, 2011

Doctor Visit

I went to see my family doc on Wednesday. He took a look at my knee, and noticed swelling (when I thought there was none). He then started moving my leg around. He frowned at the grinding behind my patella. Then he frowned at the pain I experienced when he tried to twist my leg in a way it's not supposed to twist. He then ordered an MRI, told me to stick to riding my bike, and we'll go from there. I am REALLY disappointed. I want so much to run. I am noticing a slight increase in my weight (which could also be from AF).

I am still waiting to find out when my appointment is. It needs to be precertified by my insurance which could take a while. The doc is concerned that there could be another tumor (benign) causing this pain and grinding. I'm not too worried, I just don't like anesthetics. I get really sick. It's another allergy thing. Anyway, we'll see what happens. I'll let y'all know.

1 comment:

  1. How frustrating Mandy - hang in there. Now that it's summer, swimming is a great full body cardio exercise! And lifting weights really really helps the weight loss journey. Have you read the Eat Clean Diet book? Fabulous read.
    Have a good wknd

    ReplyDelete